Theresa Bowling, MD
Dr. Bowling is an accomplished Anesthesiologist with over 20 years of experience in private practice. She is a nationally recognized leader in Regional Anesthesia training, acute pain management program development, and Enhanced Recovery After Surgery program implementation.
Her achievements include:
• Developed and led the Regional Anesthesia Program at The Stamford Hospital from 2008-2015. In 2010 the program was awarded a Center of Excellence designation for it’s progressive nature and multidisciplinary approach for program success
• Founded the Stamford School of Regional Anesthesia (SSRA) in 2012 to support ultrasound guided regional anesthesia training needs.
• In 2014, Dr. Bowling launched an online training option, SSRAonlineCME.com, which she later sold in 2018.
• In 2017, Dr. Bowling joined Integrated Anesthesia Associates (IAA), Fairfield Division, and was appointed to the faculty of Quinnipiac University, Frank H. Netter School of Medicine, as an Assistant Professor. She is the Director of Regional Anesthesia at IAA and is a board member of the Connecticut Quality Surgical Collaborative where she serves on the ERAS Task Force Committee for Connecticut.
For more information pertaining to Dr. Bowling’s professional background, access her CV.
Richard S. Teames, MD
Dr. Teames is a dedicated anesthesiologist with a unique background in nursing. He was trained at one of the busiest trauma centers in the United States and excels in working with trauma and critical care patients.
His specialties include:
• Regional anesthesia and ultrasound technique in multiple nerve block modalities
• Advanced airway techniques
• CV with Tee training
• Managment of complex patients in a fast-paced trauma environment
Participants of the ERAS Multi-Disciplinary Symposium will benefit from Dr. Teames’ genuine interest and enthusiasm for teaching clinical and regional anesthesia.
In addition to his medical expertise, Dr. Teames is fluent in both English and Spanish and has served as an officer in the United States Army Reserve Medical Corp.